Tudor History Tours is a family owned and independent company operated by husband and wife team Steve and Laura Murphy. Combining the best of business practices and historic appreciation, with a dedication to personal service, they ensure their clients have the best possible historic experience.
Steve knew that he was a natural tour guide when in Germany a few years ago he was asked, in French, how to find a particular museum. He is a natural communicator and passionate about all things historical. He believes that history is the art of the visual and not just about pouring over dusty old textbooks. Although his first love is the Tudor period, he has taken visitors around hidden parts of London exploring the characters and life of Charles Dickens, walked with them down the forest tracks to Pooh Bridge and the Heffalump trap and fought heroic battles with Nelson and Wellington.
Laura’s interests lie more in the architectural and social history field. She’s fascinated by how buildings in England have evolved over the years and tracing the lives of its inhabitants through the secrets hidden in roof lines and altered windows. She sometimes joins the tours in the evening but can usually be found in the office ensuring that the systems run smoothly so you can enjoy your holiday. Laura has a Masters in Business Administration from Brighton University.
They launched Tudor History Tours on the 500th anniversary of Henry VIII’s coronation and Steve’s 55th birthday. But before this, Steve and Laura were involved in organising not for profit tours. Their largest assignment was a reciprocal music exchange with a high school marching band from Atlanta with 200 students, teachers and parents from the USA and 150 students and adults from the UK. It was akin to moving two armies with all the tubas, cellos and other equipment and lasting friendships, plus a marriage resulted from these visits.
They hope that by joining others on our tours you too will make lasting friendships and have many happy memories of your time in England.
Tudor History Tours is a family owned and independent company operated by husband and wife team Steve and Laura Murphy. Combing the best of business practices and historic appreciation with a dedication to personal service to ensure our clients have the best possible historic experience.
Tudor History Tours of England
Are you fascinated by English history and particularly those terrific Tudors? You’re not alone! The Tudor Age is the most talked about, written about and filmed period in over 2,000 years of British History.
You can now experience the loves and lives of Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth I and other historical figures on our unique Tudor England tours. On our small group tours we go beyond the typical tourist trail to give you a real insight into the personalities and places of merry olde Tudor England and the dynasty that saw two of the greatest love affairs of the age.
You will love our Historical tours of Tudor England!
Here’s 5 reasons why!
1. You will learn so much intriguing Tudor history detail from your knowledgeable entertaining and friendly guide.
2. Relive the lives of fascinating Tudor Kings, Queens and courtiers by visiting palaces, castles and off the beaten track, less well known Tudor sites. Join us on a tailor-made tour or one of our set tours. Our popular 6 Wives tour visits 23 historic sites!
3. Experience historical England by staying in charming old coaching inns and historic hotels brimming with character. Some even have ghosts! (Allegedly)
4. Prices include your expert guide, transport during the tour, all entrance fees and activities, bed, breakfast and evening meal. Remember to chat to us if you have any mobility issues – Tudor houses and castles have lots of steps and restricted access points so you need to be active.
5. In August 2012 we were featured as one of The Guardian newspaper’s top interactive and quirky ways to explore historic Britain. Read our testimonials too – our customers come from Europe, America and Australia to spend their holiday or vacation time enjoying English towns and countryside on an historical Tudor tour.
This tour is operated by Tudor History Tours sold by Special Group Tours with permission
BOOKING CONTACT: Special Group Tours
Toll Free: 866 725 5250