Special Group Tours, LLC Terms & Conditions
Above all else, the success of a tour depends upon all participants sharing a 'go with the flow' philosophy.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
All travelers who purchase a tour via Special Group Tours, LLC (hereafter referred to as the “Tour Operator”) must agree to be bound by the following, which forms the terms of your contract for travel.
A VALID PASSPORT is required for all American citizens traveling to the UK, Europe and other parts of the world. It is the traveler's responsibility to secure such and to ensure they do not require a visa to their chosen destination.
1. Special Group Tours, LLC (“SGT”) has agreements with independent contractors to provide accommodations, transport and other services in your holiday package. SGT acts as “Tour Operator” and its affiliated entities, employees and agents do not own or operate any person or entity which provides goods or services for these tours. Because SGT, the “Tour Operator” does not maintain control over the personnel, equipment or operations of said suppliers, “Tour Operator” assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, death, property loss or damage, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of 1) any wrongful, negligent, willful or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of the tour suppliers or of their employees or agents, 2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrument owned, operated or otherwise from tour suppliers, or 3) any wrongful, willful or negligent act of omission on any part of any other party not under the supervision or control of SGT, the “Tour Operator.”
2. SGT cannot, at any time, accept responsibility for any losses, injuries, inconveniences or expenses caused to clients by war, riots, strikes, floods, fires, delays, weather conditions or any situation that is beyond their control.
3. SGT reserves the right to cancel or change any service, but will, wherever possible, offer suitable alternative arrangements or if these are unacceptable, refund monies paid. All travel arrangements are made for individual guests and all tickets issued are subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the Carriers concerned; do note that some tickets may be non-refundable from suppliers and SGT can accept no responsibility for cost in this case.
Please note that due to the nature of SGT tours, it may be necessary to shift the itinerary or accommodation whilst the tour is in motion. The Tour Operator retains the right to make alterations in the itineraries as it seems to them necessary or desirable. SGT tours appeal to the flexible traveler wishing to experience a delightful, unique and informative vacation. Itineraries within this site and on other printed materials are guidelines, ‘tentative’ so as to be able to include special events wherever possible along the touring route.
4. All descriptions of accommodations, vehicles and general facilities are published in good faith and are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Any complaints or criticisms about your accommodation, vehicle or service must be taken up with the management or owner of the establishment immediately and SGT should be informed at the earliest opportunity.
5. Prices include VAT (Value added Tax) at the current rate of 17.5% (where applicable). In the event of any changes in the VAT rates or regulations, we will pass these along to the client.
6. Our suppliers list their rates in British Pound Sterling or Euro. We here in the States, paying in US dollars, are subject to the fluctuating exchange rate. The USD rates listed on SGT’s website and on any literature are based upon the exchange rate at time of publishing (June, 2010.) We reserve the right to change the USD rates should the exchange rate change by 2% or more. For current exchange rate guidelines, please visit www.xe.com/ucc.
7. A booking is confirmed once a deposit is received. After an initial enquiry, SGT will hold no obligation space, “an option,” for 7 days. After the 7-day period, if SGT has not received a deposit or heard from the guest to extend the option, then the option will expire and the space will be available for another guest.
8. A nonrefundable deposit is required to confirm a reservation and the balance of payment must be made 60 days prior to tour departure. The deposit requested is $300 USD per person for scheduled tours 3-4 days in duration and $600 USD per person for tours longer than 4 days. Custom designed itineraries require a deposit of 10% of the original quote rate. A final invoice will be sent 60 days prior to departure reflecting the US dollar balance due to request final/full payment. Bookings confirmed within 60 days prior departure, the final/full payment is due at time of booking.
9. If you request any alterations to your travel arrangements once we have confirmed a reservation, SGT will not charge an amendment fee in securing alternative arrangements on your behalf. However, it is no guarantee that your requested changes will be available. It is important to note that the ground suppliers may charge an amendment fee and any fees are the full responsibility of the guest.
10. Should you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify SGT in writing. Oral cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellation penalties do apply, as outlined in the ground operator’s individual terms and conditions. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE IF YOU CANCEL YOUR TOUR. When booking a Special Group Tours departure/custom designed itinerary, the cancellation penalties are as follows:
- Days before initial service: Cancellation fee
- On or before 60 days: loss of deposit
- 31 to 59 days: 50% of total cost
- 30 to tour commencement: 100% of total cost, no refund available
- Please note there are no refunds for any portion of your tour package once you have begun traveling.
11. We strongly urge you to take out Trip Cancellation/Delay insurance from a reputable insurance carrier. We recommend Travel Safe but it is to your own discretion which insurance provider and which policy will best suit your needs. Travel insurance is an essential component of every successful holiday. SGT highly recommends the purchase of a travel insurance policy to protect yourself and your belongings during travel or should you have to cancel prior to your tour departure for a medical reason. Full details of your specific policy will be provided by your insurance service provider.
12. Client is responsible for advising SGT of any restrictions anyone in their party may have, regarding diet, use of stairs, and/or any mobility issues or disabilities so we may plan accordingly, as possible. Our tours are designed for reasonably active people, and there can be quite a lot of walking and uneven surfaces. It is strongly suggested that all tour participants be in good health. Tours cannot access all historic town centres/villages solely by mini-coach as coaches of any size are forbidden entry in certain locations.
13. It is our responsibility to advise all travelers there may be different living standards, practices, conditions and style with respect to utilities, services, accommodations and meals than you may use at home. Please remember that one of the joys of visiting other places is the opportunity to discover the pleasures of life in rural locales, villages, towns and cities in specific parts of the UK and Europe.
14. SGT reserves the right to surcharge a tour if the guaranteed number of travelers in your party drops below the numbers booked, unless clients who cancel have travel insurance and/or do not qualify for a refund.
15. Whilst we proof read our web site and any promotional literature you receive several times prior to publishing, we cannot held liable for typographical errors regarding pricing, dates or descriptions of tours. All errors and omissions will be remedied as soon as reported.