Special Group Tours, LLC Terms & Conditions
Above all else, the success of a tour depends upon all participants sharing a ‘go with the flow’ philosophy.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
All travelers who purchase a tour via Special Group Tours, LLC (“Tour Operator”) must agree to be bound by the following, which forms the terms of your contract for travel.
A VALID PASSPORT is required for all citizens traveling to the UK, Europe & other parts of the world. It is the traveler’s responsibility to secure such & to ensure they do not require a visa to their destination. Note that passports must be valid at least 6 months beyond your travel date to be accepted.
1. Special Group Tours, LLC (“SGT”) has agreements with independent contractors to provide accommodations, transport and other services in your holiday package. SGT acts as “Tour Operator” and its affiliated entities, employees and agents do not own or operate any person or entity which provides goods or services for these tours. Because “Tour Operator” does not maintain control over the personnel, equipment or operations of said suppliers, “Tour Operator” assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, death, property loss or damage, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of 1) any wrongful, negligent, willful or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of the tour suppliers/their employees/agents, 2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrument owned, operated or otherwise from tour suppliers, or 3) any wrongful, willful or negligent act of omission of any party not under the supervision or control of SGT.
2. SGT cannot at any time accept responsibility for losses, injuries, inconveniences, expenses caused by war, riots, strikes, floods, fires, delays, weather conditions or any situation that is beyond their control.
3. A booking is confirmed once a deposit is received. After an initial enquiry, SGT will hold no obligation optional space for 7 days. After the 7-day period, if SGT has not received a deposit or heard from the guest to extend the option, then the option will expire and the space will be available for another guest.
4. A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a reservation, the balance of payment due 60 days prior to tour departure. The deposit requested is $300 USD per person for scheduled tours 3-4 days in duration and $500 USD per person for tours longer than 4 days. Custom designed itineraries require a deposit of 10% of the original quote rate. A final invoice will be sent 30 days prior requesting final/full payment. Bookings confirmed within 60 days of tour date require final/full payment at time of booking.
5. If you request alterations to travel arrangements once confirmed, SGT will not charge an amendment fee in securing alternative arrangements on your behalf. There is no guarantee that your requested changes will be available. It is important to note that other ground suppliers may charge an amendment fee and these fees are the full responsibility of the guest.
6. Should you need to cancel your tour, you must notify SGT in writing. Oral cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellation penalties do apply, as outlined in the ground operator’s individual terms where SGT acts as agency. When booking a SGT operated tour/custom itinerary, cancellation penalties are as follows:
On or before 30 days: loss of deposit PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
29 – 16 days: 50% of total cost
15 days to tour commencement: 100% of total cost, no refund available
Please note, no refunds for any portion of your total tour package once you have begun traveling.
7. SGT strongly urges you to take out Travel Insurance to protect yourself and your belongings during travel or should you have to cancel prior to your tour departure for a medical reason. Travel Safe is our preferred carrier but it is to the discretion of participants which provider and which policy will best suit each individual participant.
8. All ground suppliers list rates in local currency. USD rates listed on SGT tours based upon the exchange rate at time of publishing. SGT reserves the right to update USD rates without prior notice should the exchange rate change by 2% or more. For current exchange rate guidelines, please visit www.xe.com.
9. Prices include all taxes, VAT (Value Added Tax) where applicable. Any significant change in tax rates or regulations, SGT reserves the right to update USD rates without prior notice.
SGT operates an “All Welcome” policy.
10. Please be aware there may be different living standards, practices, conditions and style with respect to utilities, services, accommodations and facilities while traveling abroad. Please remember that one of the joys of visiting other places is the opportunity to discover the pleasures of life in other places.
11. Breakfasts, either a fully cooked or continental style, is included daily. Dinners are included per each individual itinerary. Dinners are either 2 or 3 courses with tap water, tea or coffee: starter/main/dessert or main/choice of starter or dessert. Other beverages, lunches, any incidentals are not included.
12. All descriptions of accommodations, vehicles and general facilities are published in good faith and are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Any complaints or criticisms for accommodation, vehicle or service must be taken up with management/owner immediately and SGT should be informed at the earliest opportunity. Assigned guide members subject to change due to illness or emergency without prior notice.
13. For the comfort of all participants, smoking is not permitted on vehicles, inside accommodations or restaurants; seat rotation on the vehicle is encouraged. There are regular comfort stops during each day.
14. Client is responsible for advising SGT of any restrictions regarding diet, mobility issues or disabilities so we may plan accordingly, when possible. Tours are designed for reasonably active people and can involve ample walking. Note terrain may include steep inclines, cobblestones, grass, dirt paths, uneven surfaces, in areas with restricted vehicle access, up/down stairs. Each participant must be able to navigate themselves in/out of the tour vehicle. It is strongly suggested that all tour participants be in good health.
15. All travel arrangements made for individuals are subject to the Conditions of Carriage; cost of any non-refundable items purchased by SGT on a client’s behalf is the sole responsibility of that client.
16. Participants should limit luggage to one standard size case each, maximum measurement 30x18x10, plus a day pack/purse/camera bag for the daily touring day. Any case weight in excess of 40 lbs/18kg may be refused in accordance to local safety regulations.
17. Tour Operator retains the right to make alterations to itineraries while a tour is in motion, as it seems necessary or desirable. SGT tours appeal to the flexible traveler wishing to experience a delightful, unique and informative vacation. While main listed sites are visited, published itineraries are intended as guidelines, “tentative‟ so as to be able to include special events wherever possible along the touring route.
18. SGT reserves the right to surcharge or cancel a departure if the minimum number of required participants isn’t met on a scheduled departure. On custom tour packages, SGT reserves the right to surcharge or cancel a departure if the number of travelers in the party drops below the original numbers booked. Every effort will be made to avoid the disappointment of a tour cancellation.
19. Whilst we proof read the website and promotional literature prior to publishing, SGT cannot be held liable for typographical errors regarding pricing, dates or descriptions of tours. All errors and omissions will be remedied as soon as noted.
20. Many guests, guides and suppliers share their tour photos, videos and thank you messages. Guests agree that these authentic travel memories may be used in SGT promotional material, website and/or social media. Any individual wishing their image to not be included, please advise SGT in writing.
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN TO FINALIZE YOUR RESERVATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. Special Group Tours, 259 Magnolia Drive, Millsboro DE 19966
CLIENT NAME (please print) _____________________________________________________________
TOUR DEPARTURE: _____________________________